On Tuesday we looked at John 17 and delved further into the three elements of Relationship: Fatherhood-Identity-and Obedience. Useful (we hope) nuggets from Tuesday’s gathering.
- Relationship establishes our Identity and our Identity is the basis of our authority.
- Our relationship (and therefore our identity) is with Father God, Creator of all things, who loves and cares for us.
- Our relationship with Father God confers God’s authority upon us to represent Him.
- Obedience is merely acting according to who and whose we are.
- If you don’t know who you are – you don’t know what you can do. If you don’t know what you can do its because you don’t know who you are.
- As God’s children (firmly established in John17 and elsewhere), there are only two reasons you can’t do something. One is you’re not called to do it, and the other is you don’t know who you are. Therefore only two questions need answering… am I called to do “it”; and if I’m called to do it, do I understand my authority in the situation.
- Your authority is based upon WHO YOU ARE, not on WHAT YOU’VE DONE.
- The day we live and act this way is the day we’ll see greater breakthroughs. There’s nothing to be afraid of, if you know who you are. Because knowing who you are means knowing what you can do. And if who you are is a child of God, then you can do anything that He has sent you to do.
-until whenever and thru whatever, God!